This is a msg from a non muslim that i saw in one site and i loved:
I am not Muslim, but have quite a few Muslim friends and I know enough overall about this religion to know that it is based off of a peaceful nature and directs people towards being kindhearted. So, for those of you who disprove of what this woman is wearing I think it best if you yourself remember your religious values (or if you don't have a religion morals at least) before you start saying hateful things. Everyone has a right to express their opinion please just do it w/ class and kindness. My personal opinion is that this is a great message to spread to naive people who hate on this religion because it is linked to terrorist attacks (yet ignore the fact that all religions went wrong somewhere due to being used for justification of violent acts.) People who practice Islam are just like the rest of us they deserve a spot in the media and equal rights as well as the right to publicly support their beliefs.

quarta-feira, 20 de julho de 2011

From another blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"GO HOME!"




As-Salamo Aleikom Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

"GO HOME!" - This is what me and some of my sisters have heard in Portugal and other parts of this world.


Once we put on the hijab or the niqaab, we automatically belong outside of our own countries, our own cities, our own homes. Because if in Portugal I was to respond to such a statement, I would tell them I would go back to Lisbon. That's my home. I lived there, part of my life is there and I was born in Lisbon. No one can change this - I WAS at home.

This ignorance has to stop. People have to stop thinking that being a Muslim means that we are from another country. Some of us are immigrants, true. But not ALL of us. And there are more and more converts than Muslim immigrants nowadays in western Muslim communities.

Before you come and say "GO HOME!", talk to us first, get to know us. See if we were born in the same country than you before you take hasty conclusions.

I moved to a place where there's a vast number of non-Muslim foreigners, here in Egypt. I wonder if those silly protests in the West telling Muslims to "go home" happened here against non-Muslims... That's something to ponder about. After all, many non-Muslims come on vacation to Egypt. What would they think? I wonder what impact this would have. Maybe it would make things clearer to non-Muslims, how hurtful their words are? Allah knows best.

The only thing that makes us different is a piece of cloth and a different faith, but that DOESN'T take away my birth rights.

Salam/Peace
 
http://prepareforthehour.blogspot.com/2011/07/go-home.html?showComment=1311179750914#c1825111701958466905

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário